Wunderite is a Series A, venture-backed insurance technology company building the next generation of software for insurance agencies across the United States. We are backed by Spark Capital (investor behind Oculus, Slack, Twitter, Wayfair), Boston Seed Capital, Techstars Boston, BrokerTech Ventures, and Dorm Room Fund. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 30 employees at a rapidly growing startup.
We are seeking a Senior Full-Stack Engineer. This individual will be part of a growing engineering team to execute the product vision. This is a remote opportunity, however, applicants must be US-based and authorized to work in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Write efficient, quality, tested code using industry best practices
- Contribute to code quality and maintainability by writing unit and integration tests
- Leverage modern architectural patterns and third-party libraries to deliver new features
- Provide high-quality code reviews, enforce code styles and best practices, and ensure scalable architectural designs
- Contribute to technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within a team of high-performing engineers
- Partner with engineering, product management, and design teams to develop and refine new features
- Coordinate with a fully remote team, working across time zones, cultures, and language barriers
- We are built in Laravel, Vue, MySQL and Redis
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with considerable Laravel experience (VueJS is a plus!)
- Highly proficient in modern PHP 8.0+, performing unit testing, and managing APIs such as REST
- Knowledge of database design and querying using SQL
- Practical experience using the MVC architecture
- Great communication skills
- First hand experience with larger codebases and how to best architect them to scale
- Experience with CI/CD, Git workflows, and Agile principles
- Ability to leverage APMs and other tooling to optimize application performance
- Appreciation for strongly typed code bases
- Analytical, organized and high attention to detail
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering preferred) or equivalent industry experience
- Remote Work Environment
- Stock Compensation
- Health Insurance (medical). We pay 100% of the premium.
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Savings Account
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k plan
Wunderite is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other class protected by law.